Join us for a Daylong Conference to break down the barriers to an open open discussion of suicide, raise awareness and identify opportunities where we can come together to help make our Prince George’s County communities suicide-safer for all of us.
May 29, 2012 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
First Baptist Church of Glenarden
YOU Are The Difference!
Featuring a Keynote Address by
Congresswoman Donna Edwards
and a host of Distinguished Panelists and Presenters
Open to All
Conference Fee – only $99 (CEUs available)
Space is Limited – Register Today!
Questions? – Call Laila Riazi at 301.864.7095 ext. 420
“Opening the Door”
- Separating myth from reality – A national problem with local impact – increasing our awareness of suicide.
- Our Youth at Risk – Our African American young men, Latina young women and LGBT youth are increasingly at risk.
- Respecting Our Elders – Depression, Health and Loss – keeping our elders safe from suicide.
“Of Faith, Race and Community”
- Interfaith Panel – Parallels and differences among our faith traditions.
- Treating What Ails Us – Faith, mental health and suicide.
- A Journey Through Loss – Suicide survivors and their journeys through loss and faith.
“From Frontlines to Homefront”
- Defining the Threat – Impact on the services – service members, veterans and their families.
- Service/Community-Based Supports – Successes and setbacks, identifying opportunities for collaboration.
- Service-Specific Compounded Impacts – Post Deployment/Reentry Adjustment, Post Traumatic Stress, Traumatic Brain injury and suicide.